A Tale of Two Nations
“We will have to kill tens of thousands more Germans before there can be a peace that will justify all this suffering and sorrow.”
In our 24/7 news cycle, it is difficult to imagine a time when news reports were often days old, when stories weren’t necessarily confirmed and when colorful language permeated articles. During World War 1, that’s exactly how newspapers in Canada and the United States reported events locally and aboard.
A Tale of Two Nations focuses on the start of the war and key events from 1915-1918. It examines events not through the lens of hindsight and analysis but as they occurred.
In A Tale of Two Nations, you’ll read about:
- 1914: War begins in Europe
- 1915: The Second Battle of Ypres and sinking of the Lusitania
- 1916: The Battle of the Somme and the U.S. presidential election
- 1917: The Battle of Vimy Ridge and the United States enters the war
- 1918: The war ends and the Spanish Flu Pandemic