Enterprising Women: Practical Advice for First Time Entrepreneurs
Half of all businesses fail within the first five years. Your business succeeds or fails based on the performance of one person – you. Do you have what it takes?
Journalist Melina Druga interviewed 100 women business owners and reports on her findings in this 40,800 word study of what makes a successful entrepreneur.
Enterprising Women: Practical Advice for Entrepreneurs explores:
• Demographics and gender bias
• Following one’s passion and expertise
• Defining a niche
• Being realistic
• The importance of writing a business and a marketing plan
• Startup funding
• Marketing and sales
• Seeking business and emotional support
• Hiring help
• Conquering self doubt and fear
• Balancing work and home
• Avoiding burnout
• The profiles of 40 women entrepreneurs in different stages of business ownership
If you are contemplating starting a business, this study is a must-read.