ChapterSee is an online literary community service that allows you to share, review and promote your work. The terms and conditions contained in this Agreement (‘Agreement’) contain the legally binding terms for your use of the Website Chaptersee.com. By using the Website you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a visitor (which means that you simply browse the Website) or you are a Member (which means that you have registered with ‘us’ to share and promote your writing or to review other members’ writing). The term ‘you’ in this agreement refers to a visitor or a member. You are only authorized to use the Website if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and by this agreement. You understand that we do not screen publishers and therefore, it is your responsibility to verify the authenticity of the publisher. While you are free to upload your entire manuscript to the Website, we recommend you only upload select portions of it.
We do not collect any commissions when a manuscript is published.
Your Acceptance of this Agreement
If you wish to use the Website you must read this Agreement. Your use of the Website will be considered deemed acceptance of this Agreement. Acceptance means that you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement.
If you are not willing to accept the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement you should leave the Website immediately.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
We may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon the terms being posted on the Website. If you do not agree with such modifications you should cease to use the Website. If you use the Website after those terms have been posted on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted them. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
By using the Website you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 18 years of age or older; and your use of the Website does not violate any applicable law. We reserve the right to terminate Membership and/or take down your profile if we believe you are under 18 years of age
Term and Termination
This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website. You may terminate this Agreement by following the instructions on the ‘account settings page’. We may terminate your use of the Website at any time without warning. Even after termination the sections headed ‘Warranty’ and ‘Indemnity’ will remain in effect.
There are none. However, we reserve the right to alter or add fees at any time. We will inform you of such a decision and you will then be able to decide whether you wish to continue to use the Website. Your continued use of the Website after the proposed fee introduction or modification will be considered acceptance of the proposed fee modification. Automatic payment will be collected unless you cancel prior to the new payment period.
When you sign up to the Website, you will be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and all other information. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another user of the Website at any time. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
The Website is for personal use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Unlawful and/or unauthorized use of the Website, including collecting usernames or email addresses of other members by electronic or other means is prohibited. Commercial adverts, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed without notice and may result in termination of this agreement. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Access to the Website
Chaptersee will work hard to ensure its availability and that transmissions will be error free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed and accordingly the Website is provided as and when available and on an ‘as is’ basis.
Access to the Website may be restricted from time to time to allow for repairs, maintenance or updating of the Website. We reserve the right to take down the Website at any time.
We do not claim any right of ownership in any manuscripts, comments, reviews, files, images, jackets, covers, photos, or any other material that you post on the Website (‘Content’). After posting your Content on the Website you will continue to retain all your intellectual property ownership rights in such Content and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose.
As the Website is a platform for the exchange of creative ideas and views-be it reviews of your creative work or response to comments posted by you-you may find that you do not agree with the comments of others. Comments made may be negative as well as positive. Accordingly, you agree to waive your right to object to derogatory treatment of your Content.
You are solely responsible for the Content posted by you and all other material you transmit to us or other Members You represent and warrant that (i) you own the Content posted by you on the Website or have the right to post the Content on the Website (ii) the Content does not infringe the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person (iii) the Content does not breach any right of confidence (iv) the Content is not libellous or obscene (v) the Content is not in breach of the Official Secrets Act or any other similar legalisation or otherwise unlawful (vii) that if followed any recipes or instructions included in the Content will not cause any harm to any person.
You agree to indemnify us and our affiliates against any loss or damage or expense we or our affiliates suffer or incur as a result of you being breach of any of the above warranties. This means that you will be responsible for the loss or damage we suffer as a result of you being in breach of your warranties to us.
Our Right to Delete Content or Member Account
We may delete any Content or Member Account at any time for any reason including but not limited to where the Content is offensive, infringes the rights of any third party, threatens the safety of any person or is otherwise unlawful. We also reserve the right to delete any Account of a Member attempting to solicit business from other members unrelated to ChapterSee. We will not be required to give you any reason for deleting an Account or Content or enter into any dialogue with you. Our decision will be final.
Our Exclusion of Liability In Respect of Content Posted on the Website
As we are providing a platform to promote literature, we assume no responsibility for monitoring the Website for amongst other things inappropriate or unlawful Content, including but not limited to defamatory content.
Accordingly, we do not endorse or assume any liability for the Content or any damage you may suffer as a result of the Content nor do we make any representation or give any warranty express or implied as to the accuracy or lawfulness of the Content. With the exception of pictures Content is not reviewed by us prior to it being posted by Users.
The Content does not reflect our opinions, views or policies.
Content Which Is Prohibited
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. Content which
- is offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains images of nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, postal codes, email addresses or links to other websites; Publishers are welcomed to contact writers via contact information provided by the member/writer.
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated e-books or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protection devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging or “spamming”;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent;
- any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter;
- solicits business unrelated to ChapterSee.
Despite this prohibition information provided by other users may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive or sexually explicit material, and we assume no responsibility or liability for this material.
Activity Which is Prohibited
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action against anyone who in our sole discretion violates these provisions, including but not limited to reporting you the relevant law enforcement authorities.
Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Website. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Website in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. Covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on the Website via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Website or the networks or services that support the Website;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Website on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting comments with a commercial purpose or selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your friends; or
- using the Website in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- If you become aware of any misuse of the Website please contact us by clicking on the ‘Report Abuse’ link on the relevant page.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce on the Website any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right belonging to others without obtaining their prior written consent.
As we only act as a host for what is a creative platform for the exchange of literary work and ideas we do not review Content. Accordingly, we operate a “notice and takedown” procedure. If you believe the Website contains a defamatory statement please notify us by following the ‘Take Down Notice Procedure’. Once this procedure has been followed, we will make all reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
Third Party Software
In order to make full use of the Website you may need to download software and content which may include additional terms and conditions. Such terms and conditions will be deemed incorporated into this Agreement to the extent that you download such software or content.
Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be liable to you for any delay or other failure to comply with our obligation (if any) where the delay or failure arises from any event or cause which is beyond our control.
This Agreement represents the entire agreement between us relating to its subject matter, meaning that no other terms expressed or implied apply or govern your contractual relationship with us.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of the United States and the State of Pennsylvania.